GUN 1187 crew - which barrel

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by spankaveli, Jan 3, 2009.

1. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

i want to turn my 1187 into a police build.

i found the barrels on remington's website so now i'm torn as to whether i want to get the rifle sighted 18.5" ($160) or bead sight ($130).

opinions?

i'm sort of leaning towards the BS since it's cheaper and both my 870s are BS as well...

also, anyone have a spare factory remington +2 extension they want to sell? i need two. :o

2. 90free400e

90free400e New Member

i dont know much about tactical shotguns, but i dont think there is any advantage to having a barrel with rifle sights as opposoed to a bead. If you could get a fiber optic front bead, that would be about as much as youd need in my opinion. With practice, you can be as accurate as you need to be shooting slugs with just a front bead

3. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Rifle sights are definately better for slugs but bead sight is the fastest. Most people don't practice enough to know their dope with slugs anyway. I prefer a fiber optic bead with a flip up 10/22 sight for when I need to make a precision 75 yard slug shot. Well that is what I would do if I didn't have a red dot optic.

4. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

i did a little training and i've got a box of slugs so i have no issue getting my holdovers at different ranges. i'd never shot a slug at all and with a little help i could hit an 8" gong at 50yd with a bead on my 870.

i think i'll go with that for uniformity. :cool: