SRS 10th Step

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by eligh, Jul 29, 2004.

1. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

I was at a meeting today, and we were discussing working the steps in our lives, regardless of whether we'd finished them or not. Well, I haven't finished them yet (I'm on 6), so I don't really work a 10th step yet. I'm thinking, maybe I should, I do review the day's events casually, but not formally. I think I should start reviewing the days events more formally, every night as I sit upon my bed (as was suggested by an AA member today). She said she even looks forward too it every night she gets excited to review the day's events.

So, regardless of whether you are familiar with the 10th step, or actively in a 12-step group, do you review the days events each night? Do you think if you acted in correct manner throughout the day in accordance with your morals and values? Did you do God's will today?

2. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

I do, but not as rigidly as you describe. Overstructuring my life outside of the structure of the steps leads me to want to force everything into a pattern and ends up making me crazy. Especially if i'm not feeling good though, i reflect a lot. I keep myself as much in the present as possible, but a daily review is really crucial. I try to take care of things as soon as they happen, if at all possible. Nonetheless I'm not perfect and these are only my opinions.

When you put it like that? No. I should though. That would be the root of "summing up the day" as far as I'm concerned. Thinking about what food you ate probably isn't as critical to your sobriety as wondering if you maintained integrity. Good questions, rhetorical or not.

I hope so, but I can certainly guarantee I fell short in one way or another. I strive to do this more than anything else. My morals and values are sick... sometimes they revolve around whatever it takes to possibly put it in her butt on the first date. I am pretty sure God's will for me doesn't include manipulating girls in hopes of achieving that. If it did, I would think I'd have more success with it.
    :cocked: by god

3. metoots13

metoots13 New Member

interesting - there's an NA pamphlet, darn I forget what its called, that has a bunch of questions in it regarding your day - its a good way to do a quick 10th step - I better find it so I can get more in touch with myself too - thanks for the reminder