GUN 10mm.....................options?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by luvitlo94, Dec 29, 2006.

1. luvitlo94

luvitlo94 Make a choice and don't look back.

So, from the recent thread about a sidearm that can stop a bear or cougar, a few of you mentioned a 10mm with a hot load. I got to looking at some G20's and am really interested in picking one up for the same reason. There are quite a few Bear, Cougar, and bull Elks (which can be pretty hostile at the right time of year) around where I hunt.

My question is, what other options are out there in a good 10mm, besides a 1911. I know my dad has a S&W 10mm auto, but I'm not too crazy about it. :hs: Any others I should be looking at? :x:

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Glock, S&W, and 1911 types are all I can think of. I love my Glock but wish they were some more choices out there, USPc in 10 would be nice, and I'd kill for a p99 10.

Out of the ones available out there I know of, I'd go with the Glock unless you wanna spend some money on it then maybe a nice 1911 based setup.

3. luvitlo94

I can just see the 1911 not being as reliable, if it was just for the range it would be one thing. I dont want a hostile bear in front of me and pull out a 1911 only to have a malfunction. :hs:

4. luvitlo94

G20 with a Bar-Sto barrel sounds like it would do the trick :naughty:

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:werd: reliability would be my concern with the 1911 10's too, can't go wrong with the glock, the S&W is suppose to be pretty decent too.

6. luvitlo94

7. The Glock 20 is the best choice. If you want something a bit smaller look at the Glock 29.

8. You could spend lots of money and try to find an old Bren Ten.
    [​IMG]

9. albasha

albasha New Member

choices r too narrow
    go with a good 9mm instead

10. Yeah, you'll have more choices, but I'd never want to trust my life to a 9mm when facing an angry animal.

Pretty much anyone who knows anything about using the 10mm against animals will tell you the Glock 20 is the ideal choice in 10mm. You don't need more choices.

11. luvitlo94

:werd: I usually carry my P226 in 9mm out there right now, but wouldn't trust it against a bear or cougar.

Yeah, the Glock is looking the the best choice a of now.

12. Go to Glocktalk.com and do a search for some of the hunting with 10mm threads. There's a ton of info there.

13. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

While the 10mm is nice I'm not sure I wouldn't want even more power when looking at large animals....

Anyway the s&w line is quite nice, the glock is the obvious choice for reliability, 1911's, and the witness is also made in 10mm.

14. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Depends on the area your in, and the wildlife it has, I'd feel alright about having 10mm in areas with black bears and any N. American big cats, been several cases of black bears being dropped with 9mm. Now if theres grizzleys or polar bears around I'd want something bigger.

15. the_tinman

the_tinman New Member

most retarded comment ever