GUN 10mm Crew I can has new milk? ATTN Yar (PIC)...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by minus, Mar 10, 2009.

1. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

[​IMG]

425 with 2 mags.

I would have paid more than that with the LE discount.

So yar I need advice on sights and other upgrades pm if you want. I will NOT be carrying this.

2. minus

Camera phone picture.

3. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Grip cut to 29 length + mag sleeve for 20 mags, trijicons, and carry the shit out of it ftw.

4. minus

I have a 30 I carry now.

5. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

So having a gun with the exact same ergonomics, manual of arms and remedial action techniques would be terrible. It's a stretch, I know. :fawk:

6. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Here is the long list you can do what fits your budget and desire.

In order of recomendation.

1. Dawson precison adj sights or have slide milled for bomars
    2. Fulcrum ultimate or drop in trigger
    3. grams +5 basepad for mags (20+1 of 10mm!)
    4. jp large mag button
    5. tungsten guiderod
    6. kkm or barsto barrel (if you wanted to shoot lead)
    7. Grip job (if you didn't like the girth or grip angle) otherwise just some truegrip tape.

7. minus

Is 10mm a stretch for IDPA? I also have a 1911.

8. minus

Lee makes the pro 1000 in 10mm auto SOLD.

9. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Well you could shoot CDP with it. I think ammo would be kind of expensive, more recoil than the powder puff idpa gamers are running.

You could always get a 40 cal conversion barrel if you were reloading your own ammo. then it would be a pretty cool idpa esp or uspsa limited gun. The very first glock grand master dave ericson used to shoot a G20 w/ a 40 conversion. I always thought he had kind of a cool gun. He went by swede on glock talk. He passed away really young a few years ago due to a heart attack. Can't say he was a nice guy but he was always cool to me. He was kind of a big cocky sheriff who was known for stomping bad guys. You know you got to be cocky if I'm calling you cocky ;)

RIP Swede

10. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

When done right they are about as reliable as a stock barrel (honestly just because it's stock does not mean it's reliable. I had a g35 barrel with a out of spec feed ramp).

I would shoot your present barrel and evaluate accuracy before you consider a aftermarket barrel. It is generally the last modification I recomend and after you've done sights and trigger. You do get a full supported chamber (well as fully supported as you get with a glock) which is good if you want to shoot that hotter than shit double tap ammo (this is why people get 10mm right?)

11. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Whoops did not see the G34.... Again plenty reliable, more accurate of course. Really depends on what you have and want. I get lots of calls and emails about aftermarket barrels.

If your wanting a aftermarket barrel there are three fits. First is a "pre fit". These barrels drop right in with no gun smithing. There are lots of pre fit barrels out there and I think most of them are not any better than stock. For example I don't think the lone wolf barrels are really all that good but they are inexpensive. The one pre fit barrel I think is awesome is the KKM barrel. We have no problem building race guns with kkm barrels, we will not build one with any other pre fit.

The second is a semi drop in barrel. Most people who claim to have a over sized gun smith fit match barrel really have a semi drop in. These barrels are slightly oversized in the hood and lugs and can be fitted with a file. We like the briley barrels for semi drop in. One thing about semi drop in is they generally pre head space the barrels. Briley does not which we like. We like to throat and headspace the chamber to your ammo for best accuracy.

Lastly is the true gun smit fit oversized match barrel. These barrels are way opersized in the muzzle OD, hood, and lugs. They are also not headspaced. There is no way your fitting one of these without a mill and a lathe. Barsto makes the best gun smith fit barrel but you got to check they sent you a true oversized and not a semi drop in. They do that sometimes. They know we measure the barrels when they come in so they know not to try that with us.

Now if your getting a match barrel you better have match ammo. Don't get a match barrel then shoot junk WWB. Generally you should be reloading your own ammo and worked up some good loads. Lastly you got to be able to shoot well enough to be able to take advantage of a match barrel.

12. ZCP M3

ZCP M3 Active Member

Welcome to the Ten Crew! :wavey: These fuckers are fun to shoot!

Thanks to this thread I need to pick up some G20 mags, mag sleeves, and some +5 baseplates for my new G29SF.

13. Regarding the IDPA thing, CDP is only for .45ACP guns. You could shoot it in ESP or SSP if you wanted. Apparently caliber conversion barrels aren't allowed anymore, so you have to shoot 10mm.

I do know someone who has shot a G20 in SSP before.

14. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Jesus stop posting

15. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Was not aware they took 10mm out of CDP. I have not shot IDPA for many many years.

16. I think they should put 10mm back in CDP and up the power factor to 200.

17. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

maybe they could make a 10mm class and call it WMD.

18. :bowdown: I would shoot in that class.

19. LancerV

Thats not what im talking about, you realize when you get a match grade barrel you have to have it fitted to the bullets your going to shoot? This include OAL, and WWB varies way to much in OAL, and alot of other things. So yea your a newb with handguns too

20. LancerV

:bsflag: and I cant shoot submoa with a 44mag at a 100yds, A most poeple over estimate yardage, B most people are full of shit, C or claim a submoa shoot group with 3shot groups

And also the les baerhas more higher tolerances than a custom fitted match barrel. I dont think you get it still, if it comes out of a box its prob not match fitted unless you set the ammo you shoot before you got your gun....

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  21. LancerV

Its a match barrel, just not custom fitted to what you shoot. Cant find a better fitting barrel for under 3k though :rofl:

22. Let's not get off track here. Focus on what's important... the 10mm Auto is the greatest autoloading handgun caliber ever conceived.

23. LancerV

:werd: Glock 29 is coming in 4more weeks :x:

24. Nice. :) There are a lot of people here jumping on the 10mm bandwagon recently. It makes me happy.

25. LancerV

You had to send off your ammo before getting it?

And how the fuck did it go from custom barrel for 3k, to custom 1911 for 3k. Hell where was 1911 ever mentioned in this thread?