GUN 100 weapon arsenal seized near me :noes:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jul 28, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=local&id=4406579
    100 weapons seized in Long Island bust

(Long Island - AP, July 27, 2006) - Two men arrested this week after investigators uncovered an arsenal of weapons at their homes - ranging from handguns to a grenade launcher - are likely to face upgraded charges when a Suffolk County grand jury convenes, District Attorney Thomas Spota said Thursday.

Get These News Headlines On Your Web Site!
    John Acompora, 46, of West Islip, and Gregory Brozski, 57, of Queens, were initially charged with third-degree criminal possession of a weapon following searches of their homes earlier this week. The pair, who were charged with the same crime a decade ago, were arrested after a three-month investigation, Spota said.
    "Simply put, there is absolutely no legitimate purpose to possess any of these weapons, no legitimate purpose at all," he said during a news conference announcing the arrests.

Acting on a tip from an informant, investigators searched Acompora's home Sunday, finding weapons in his van, his basement and two unlocked sheds in his backyard. In all, authorities seized about 50 weapons. Among them were 16 assault rifles, including six AK-47s, and two .44 Magnum pistols with the serial numbers defaced. Spota noted that Acompora lived at the home with his wife and two teenaged children.

Brozski, who lives with his mother, consented to a search of his apartment on Tuesday, Spota said. There, investigators seized approximately 50 more weapons, including assault rifles, four Uzi submachine guns, a grenade launcher, shotguns, 10 handguns and a silencer.

Prosecutors said they were shocked by the number of weapons ultimately seized.

"We had no idea it was that much," Assistant District Attorney Hector LaSalle said. About one-third of the arsenal was displayed on a huge conference table in front of Spota as he spoke to reporters.

"What you see before you today is a police officer's worst nightmare," Spota said. "The fact that they were able to amass this arsenal of weapons and firepower ... is truly disturbing to all of us."

It was unclear how the pair had acquired the weapons; Spota declined to comment on whether the men were suspected of being gun collectors or dealers, saying the investigation was ongoing. Many of the weapons seized had their serial numbers scratched off. Spota said both men were "accomplished machinists" capable of defacing the weapons.

Acompora pleaded not guilty at his arraignment Monday in First District Court in Central Islip and was released on $5,000 bail. He is due back in court on Friday. Brozski was released on his own recognizance after his arraignment Wednesday and is due back in court on Aug. 9. Acompora's attorney, Frank Panetta, declined to comment on the specific charges, but said his client has cooperated with investigators and did not believe he was doing anything wrong. "He's been a gentleman throughout," Panetta said.

Prosecutors said Brozski did not have an attorney at his arraignment. Spota said because the weapons were seized at Brozski's home in Bayside, the Queens district attorney's office would prosecute him there.

However, Spota said he has evidence that Brozski allegedly committed crimes in his jurisdiction, which is why he also faces prosecution in Suffolk County. He did not elaborate.

Both men, whom Spota described as friends, were previously arrested in 1996 in Farmingdale following reports to police that they were shooting weapons near an abandoned sand pit. Acompora pleaded guilty and was sentenced to three years probation; Brozski received 45 days in jail and three years probation following his guilty plea. Spota said because of their prior convictions, neither man was permitted to own any weapon. He declined to comment on when the grand jury would convene.

:run: :noes:

I'm sure the grenade launcher was some dewatt or flare launcher, silencer who knows, of course they are dumbasses they had prior record but it was for bullshit :hs:

2. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Who knows. the "grenade launcher" could have been ike a spent LAW tube, or at the end of an sks.

ZOMG. Since when are .44 magnums assault rifles? :run:

Big deal on there prior. I go right across the street and down to the river bottoms sometimes and play around with my .22. Oh no! Im going to be sent to jail for a bajillion years! :p

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm in farmingdale almost every night I work I got 2 good ideas on the place they were shooting to get there prior convictions as long as your smart they would safe areas to shoot, but long island is all suburbs pretty much, not a smart move to shoot there, I'm sure just about every town has ordincense against shooting a firearm, ranges are the only place on the island you can goto shoot really.

4. bugman

bugman Demonic Gecko OT Supporter

you live in farmingdale?

i assume your talking about the huntington rifle range?
    or are you talking about just wooded areas, etc

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I live in Syosset, I goto farmingdale for work alot. Theres a spot not far from huntington range that wouldn't be unsafe to shoot if it were legal to do so there, also another spot not far off 110. I'de never do it I know the cops would be there quick and its illegal but if it were legal they wouldnt be dangerous

6. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

Wow, i didnt know that filing off serial numbers makes you an "accomplished machinist" Maybe I'll deface one of my guns just so I can list it on my resume :coold:

7. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have a dremel, so I guess I'm a machinist too :cool:

8. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

Whole story reaks of bullshit and stupidity on all sides. Ignorant motherfuckers

9. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

pics of the "weapons that theres no legitmate reason to possess"
    [​IMG]

10. Gimik

Gimik New Member

god those people make me sick.

11. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

Looks like some decent firepower. UZI, M11/10, Barret .50, the one in the lower left looks like the mag of a street sweeper type gun, and various ar's and aks.

what sucks is that all of them will probably be destoryed. I wonder how much the government could make on an arms auction to the public? I bet they could easily pay for some guy's salary for a year selling what was siezed.

12. kill_turu_kill

kill_turu_kill Turu the Terrible OT Supporter

Looks like they are forcing the weapons to make a "perp walk".

Look at the crowd in there. Must have been a slow news day.

13. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

What a crock of shit. I still can't believe you live in that fucking state Squid.

14. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

nice "Machine Guns" sign... I bet none of those are even full auto.

15. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Are you not able to own 100 guns without the feds knocking down your door?