10 things NOT to do in a cell phone store

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BlackWRX02, Jan 18, 2005.

1. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

1. Throw things at sales reps
    2. Tell the rep how stuipd he/she is
    3. Lie about dropping/breaking/getting your phone wet (yes, we can tell)
    4. Lie about what customer service told you
    5. Get irate and demand a manager (you do realize they get our side of the story first, right? )
    6. Go to authorized agent to get service, bring it to a corp. store to get your plan fixed after they fuck it up
    7. Threaten to cancel service (sure, go pay early term fees, buy new equipment, and activation fees, just to get the same shitty service from another carrier)
    8. Bring in a phone from 1942 and DEMAND I hook it up that instant.
    9. Want something replaced under warranty that CLEARLY is not covered, and then argue about it for 2 hours
    10. Threaten to burn down building (that will only introduce you to the local authorities)

*edit* should have been 11 things...
    11. Ask me why your cell phone doesn't have a dial tone, and then tell me it MUST be broken :rofl:

Being nice, smiling, and having a good attitude in general will get you a LOT further than being a total asswipe. Following these simple rules will get you further than you ever imagined, and maybe something free (but not usually :fawk: )

Any other reps, please feel free to add to the list :)

2. qtipboy

qtipboy They taste like burning!

12. convice us that we should give you shit for free

man i want to quit so bad haha

3. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

regarding number 6...

i have always gone to corporate stores when i was with at&t. after the merger, the at&t corporate store near me didn't have any V551's the day i went to pick one up, so i stopped by the cingular store by my house. it had a big pretty offical cingular sign above the store and nothing but cingular stuff inside, so i assumed it must be a corporate store as well.

as we were finishing up with stuff and the phone was already activated and my number migration stuff was done, i asked the guy how he liked working for cingular and he said, i don't actually work for cingular, this store is privately owned.

we were basically done at that point and i didn't want to get screwed by telling him i was changing my mind after all the time it took to get everything switched over (i was his first at&t to cingular migration after the merger so there were some things not working quite right), so i just stuck with it.

anything i should know?

4. imhipyournot

imhipyournot LPC id: 34280

most of the people who work at those places are idiots tho. i went and asked for a 64k sim the other day and they had no idea what i was talking about. then when i finally showed them they had what i wanted they told me it wouldnt work with my phone bc they dont sell it(nokia 7610 which ALREADY had a working 32k sim in it). i tried explaining to them it would but it was no use, i basically just had to tell them i want it anyways regardless.

5. RotorBalls

RotorBalls Gonz

yeah I was told by a sprint sales rep that there was no usb data cable for my phone. Got online and bought one for 10 bucks

6. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

yeah. the guy i talked to was pretty knowledgable. i went in on the first day after the merger was complete and he actually mentioned the 64k SIM card. though i had to laugh at his sales tactics when someone called asking about the RAZR V3 and they wanted to know if it was better than the SE 910 and he said the RAZR blows the 910 out of the water or some total BS like that. :mamoru:

7. Chris

Chris New Member

I always go to corp stores :love:

oh and any Verizon people want to turn on my phone
    [​IMG]

seriously

8. turbodeuce

turbodeuce ....................

Is that the nokia you were asking me about? haha

9. Chris

Chris New Member

yeah

10. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

13. dont ask me about something, then when you dont get a response you want, ask someone i work with. i'm not lying to you!
    14. be more specific than "so whats your specials" or "whats your best rate plan". We're not like other retail stores that run weekly sales.
    15. Understand that you get what you pay for with cell phones. Low price = crapy quality

11. zennoodle

zennoodle ...hmm must've misplaced my socks

haha, corporate store reps are almost as dumb as indirect reps. I still have yet to find a bright one in the patch. :)

12. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

ah hem ;)

13. zennoodle

zennoodle ...hmm must've misplaced my socks

Ah yes, but I don't think I live near your store... A lot of self-proclaimed corp reps can be found on hofo too. I think T-Mobile stores get the "I'm a lazy fuck" award, while AT&T (when they were around), get the "I don't know shit but I'll sell you something today" award, and Cingular...actually Cingular reps do know a good amount what they talk about so I would give them the "We explain everything thoroughly" award. :) This is just in-store reps, we won't go into my experience with customer care haha.

14. Chris

Chris New Member

I will say I have encountered some dumb people at both the Verizon and Cingular corporate locations I have dealt with

I wouldnt touch an agent location with a ten foot pole, a stoner friend of mine and his stoner buddies work at an agent T-Mobile location, that tells me all I need to know about that store

15. Smahatma

Smahatma Bitch-Kumar OT Supporter

Exactly. I don't know why people are trying to dodge convergent devices. It's the future people, might as well get it now. Anything less than 600$ is a useless piece of crap. Thank you. </slight sarcasm>

16. BlackWRX02

Not all of us are Dumb.

Thing is, everything that I've learned, outside of pricing and how to operate CARE and OPUS, I've learned through my own will (usually off HoFo). They don't train us for shit. Its really sad to be honest, sometimes even embarassing. If I didn't do phones as a hobby on the side (which I picked up AFTER being hired), I wouldn't know a damn thing based on their training.

Being a nerd is earning me more money I guess :hs:

17. BlackWRX02

If I could fuse one thought into every cell phone customers head, that would be exactly it.

Dont buy a free phone then bitch because it drops calls left and right. It was free!

18. BlackWRX02

You're missing the point. It should read more like:

"Its the future, might as well get it now. Anything less than $200 is a useless piece of crap"

19. turbodeuce

turbodeuce ....................

actually I think that statement refers more to companies. Cheap phones don't necessarily mean bad quality. Anything that is in the +$200 range is going to have a lot of bells and whistles that not everyone will use.