10 Things About Your Style

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Jacy, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Jacy

Jacy red lipstick brigade

2. Jacy

1. My style has been described by others as.... feminine. Most of my wardrobe consists of dresses and skirts which I wear all year round... that's why I own so many pairs of tights/leggings/kneehighs
    2. Despite its popularity last year, I've had a thing for empire waist shirts and dresses for at least the last 5 years..and it all started in elementary school when my mom would buy empire waist sundresses for me. Come to think of it, that's probably where my love of dresses comes from. I wore dresses almost every single day in 4th and 5th grade :o
    3. I rarely wear clothes with graphics on them ... most of my clothes are solid colors, but I have a few items with prints(stripes). Most of my clothes are black or white
    4. For the past year or so, I've gotten most of my inspiration from ny street fashion, european street fashion, and from the runways. During the first few years of college, I mostly drew inspiration from Japanese street fashion.... now I'm all about european street fashion
    5. I'm thrifty, so most of my clothes come from thrift stores, vintage shops, and sales racks. I rarely pay full price for anything
    6. When shopping for clothes, good fit is my main concern... if something fits really well and flatters my body, then I'm sold. Often I'll just pick up all the XS/0 clothes off of the racks of my favorite thrift store even if I don't like how it looks on the hanger just to try it on to see how it fits..sometimes the fit is so wonderful that I end up loving what I originally would have dismissed.
    7. My shoes are always black pumps, black flats, cowboy boots, or flat boots.... never flipflops, sandals, canvas shoes of any kind, or sneakers unlike my sister who lives in those type of shoes
    8. I don't wear jewelry, because I'm allergic to most metals... with the exception of a white-gold necklace that I wear everyday that was given to me as a gift from my aunt. I wear headbands and hairclips often too...
    9. I love business casual clothes, and I've been collecting them so that I can wear them someday in an office job.
    10. I'll only wear low-rise skinny or straight legged jeans and slacks... I don't care that it's going out of style. I just can't get into the high-waisted trousers / boyfriend's jeans look. I think it looks best on really tall, thin girls..but otherwise, it's not very flattering. You'll also never see me in bootcut, flared, or bellbottom jeans/pants... so pretty much anything with a leg opening larger than 12 inches is out of the question

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  3. m1lk

m1lk New Member

in for later

4. ihaveanevilplan

ihaveanevilplan Everybody wake up, wake up, it's time to get down Moderator

ifl as well

5. cnred

cnred New Member

1. I love jeans
    2. I love tee shirts
    3. i wear sandals with shorts
    4. i love Stussy like there is no tommorow
    5. Nike Dunks are freaking awesome
    6. Slip ons are amazing
    7. hats are cool sometimes
    8. 150$ + is not too much for denim despite what most of my friends think
    9. i hardly go out side without my glasses
    10. if my cloths dont match i feel ridiculous

6. hitzchicky

hitzchicky New Member

1. My style is still developing.
    2. I dress fancier than every single one of my friends
    3. I only wear sneakers to the gym, past that, it's heels all day, every day.
    4. I'm absolutely in love with Mary Jane style shoes.
    5. My style isn't really inspired by anything, just a desire to wear something that will flatter my shape.
    6. I'm constantly trying to one-up my last great outfit.
    7. I wear a lot of shirts and jackets that have belts around the natural waist. I'm obsessed with them.
    8. When I wear pants, I have to wear something with a large leg opening to balance out my hips. I would love to get into the skinny jean fashion trend, but I simply can't do it without looking ridiculous.
    9. I refuse to wear clothing with very busy patterns. I don't like to look like a couch.
    10. Im still learning what clothes will look good on me. So every time I shop I try something new and try to expand my style.

7. m1lk

m1lk New Member

ingredients:

-love
    -hate
    -apathy
    -black
    -white
    -grey
    -arrogance
    -humility
    -hairspray
    -sake

mix equal parts, and blend to perfection. age for best results.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  8. projectalpha

projectalpha 二號 Stunna

1. blazers
    2. jeans
    3. sneakers and loafers
    3. "unique" t-shirts
    4. slim fitting tapered dress shirts
    5. vests
    6. messy hair
    7. silhouette is important to me
    8. light on the accessories
    9. sunglasses
    10. military

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  9. Phlab

Phlab OT Supporter

1) I've never consciously shopped for clothing that had smaller logos or no logos at all, but I just realized that my entire wardrobe has no big or conspicuous logos.
    2) my clothes are usually lacking graphics. i find myself turning certain shirts inside out. i guess i think they're tacky
    3) mostly jeans (not skin-tight, but not baggy) with flip flops or vans slipons. even during the summer. i just dont really like shorts unless im working out or outside playing football or something, then itll be athletic shit
    4) most of my shirts are neutral colors like black, white, grey, brown, with a loud color every now and then, like royal blue.
    5) fit is the most crucial thing to me. being tall and skinny, it's hard to find clothing in a country where the average male is 5'10 and overweight. that means 99% of polo shirts and such are baggy and shitty looking on me. when i find something that fits well, i cherish it.
    6) i dig blazers and the more more edgy-looking peacoats over stuff like snowboarding coats/northface fleece/etc. unfortunately i can't afford much of the former.
    7) i think a lot of people wear sunglasses that dont fit their hair/skull structure/face. i'm really picky with what i buy. i have a pair of white plastic-framed aviators with brown lenses that i really dig.
    8) i wear buttonups more as much as i wear tshirts. sleeves always rolled up.
    9) long sleeve tshirts rule
    10) i like my hair to look messy

10. Ozner

Ozner Offical TSL OP Leghumper

I thought I would look horrible wearing skinny jeans because of my large feet.

11. trungtao

trungtao New Member

1. I used to love Dior Homme til Kris Van Asshole took over, I guess I just like Hedi Slimane.

2. Whatever hipster faggots wear I like to go the opposite so they can make fun of me and make them think they know more (You know the kind.. oh right now i'm into well fitting things; shouldn't you have always been into things that fit well? supreme x dior x vans, these kinds don't know anything about fashion.)

3. Spring 2008 Gucci I think is amazing.

4. I have many diff. styles just because having one style is boring.

5. Fashion is fun to me, so I have fun with it.

6. I love streetwear so much I hate it, if that makes sense. But i'll gladly beast it out just to show the kids who wear solid colored tee, raw denim, and some vans that people with style look good no matter how they decide to outfit themselves.

7. I wear my 19cm if i'm wearing a more fitted top, I wear a straight leg if i'm wearing something more loose. I don't always believe you have to have one silhouette. Nowadays people automatically think everything HAS to be fitted in order for people to think they really know about fashion or something. I just believe everything has to work together well.

8. I like Spring 2008 Etro, use of color is important to me because it's fun for me to have bold bright patterns and/or colors.

9. I believe a lot of guys are going for the simple look now which is a backlash against the loud/bright colors of U.S. streetwear. However, if you really look at their outfits you'll realize they're not simple. They are just boring.

[​IMG]

This outfit from Prada Spring 2008 is pretty simple to me and is no means boring, but most people in the WAYWT thread take boring to a whole new level.

10. I am a traditionalist, I believe if you're not into high fashion or don't respect it then you must not be into fashion then. At that point you're just trying to fool people with brands that are rare/obscure or seen as top tier on forums and trying to pass that off as a knowledge of fashion or knowing more then the next guy. (Some more insight into my style would be that I'm more Patek Phillipe than Rolex)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  12. CLOT

CLOT OT Supporter

so you loved Dior Homme till Kris Van Assche took over, even though Slimane has had very little influence on the designs for the past few years?

:hsugh:

13. Shinigami

Shinigami New Member

in for when im not in a meeting browsing internets :mamoru:

14. Yardsale

Yardsale OT Supporter

1. I get pants that fit
    2. I get shirts that fit
    3. I get boxers that fit
    4. I get socks that fit
    5. I get jackets that fit
    6. I get shoes that fit
    7. I get ties that fit
    8. I get suits that fit
    9. I get sweaters that fit
    10. I get clothes that fit

15. trungtao

trungtao New Member

Not necessarily, most things I owned from Dior Homme was from the luster collection. And even in the past few years, Hedi was responsible for Dior's image and aesthetic, and I like that aesthetic.

16. CLOT

CLOT OT Supporter

I suppose if all you care about is the DH image and not quality of the clothing, then I can see where you're coming from.

:o

17. trungtao

trungtao New Member

Ok i'll agree with you their quality does suck right aboot past few seasons and now.

18. Jacy

I feel the same way :hs:

19. above & beyond

above & beyond No One on Earth

:hs:

20. above & beyond

above & beyond No One on Earth

wow so poetic :wtc:

21. Bruised Lee

Bruised Lee John Kune Do, puncher of faces

- fit
    - sturdy and/or novel construction (i'm a fan of asymmetrical things)
    - interesting materials, and engineered designs
    - slouchy, and i just woke up type of look.
    - i don't hate graphics, but most out there do suck.
    - hi tops
    - tapered pants
    - don't like hair that is too perfect
    - don't like clean shoes
    - androgyny is good, but not feminine guys or butchy girls
    - i don't cuff my selvage denim

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  22. Jacy

your button up seemed kind of loose to me when we hung out :hsd:

23. Yardsale

Yardsale OT Supporter

I don't remember wearing a button up :confused:

24. Jacy

i just remember that i thought your shirt was loose.. i always pay attention to details like the fit/silhouette of clothes :o

25. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

i like jeans.
    i love sandals.
    i like grey t shirts.
    i dont have a 'style.'
    i like clothing on sale.
    i like white button up shirts.
    i like white button up LS shirts.
    i go shopping a couple times a week.
    i shop at nordstrom, urban, and skate shops.
    i dont know how to count to 10.

edit, i like using a shoe string as a belt.