10 lbs in four weeks?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Panoptimist, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panoptimist

Panoptimist Put a bangin' donk on it.

Long story short I need some motivation and some good habits/routines. I'm a "hardgainer/undereater/ectomorph." I do have good tone, but its for all the wrong reasons. I want to see what I can do with my body. My girlfriend whom was attached at the hip is moving to the city to be a model/actress. We're gonna do the long distance thing because we're so committed to each other, but the truth is I'm eaten up inside about the whole thing. I need something healthy to keep me focused on developing myself and something good to get me back into school again (gpa dropped from 3.7 to 3.2 this past semester). I have lifted before casually and after finally doing research I now know that everything I have done was wrong. Gotta learn sometime.

I will be starting my bulk diet tomorrow in the morning. I'm planning on just doing the double-up/see food diet. 3000-3500 cal. In terms of lifting routine I've been reading about the stronglift 5x5 which after looking at it I've seen the basic routine all over forums since research. Food, food, food, compound lifts, and more food. 3 day routine late afternoon. I will start lifting on Monday.

Is 10 lbs in 4 weeks possible? I've been practicing body weight squats to get the technique down. I'll start with the bar but most people are more than happy to help with technique, right? Might need help with the deadlift too.

I was thinking of something like

Day 1:

Squats 5x5
    Row 5x5
    Dips 5x5

Day 2:

Bench 5x5
    Curl (BB) 5x5
    Prone Bridges 3x30

Day 3:

Deadlift 1x5
    Military Press 5x5
    Pull ups 5x5

I'll adjust sets/reps according to how weak my ass is. Is it possible to pack on legitimate weight this way?

2. 60druidgurubash

60druidgurubash OT Supporter

yeah but theres going to be fat. i put 10 lbs on when i first started working out. i just ate a ton and worked out 4x a week. i started at 137ish and got to 148. by month 2 i was nearly 160. then i realized i was getting pudgy in the stomach and started cut down. i reduced my calories and bulking up slower now.

3. Panoptimist

Fuck. yeah, it's just that concentration-camp style tone that i want to keep, but truly i need to bulk for a good base before i can even think about cutting...besides i think my body is capable of building good lean muscle despite the fat gain too..

4. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

possible, but you will become a bit of a pudge. Just have common sense when it comes to eating what you see, a ton of fast food and fried foods might be nothing more than counter productive

5. Panoptimist

I won't be eating fast food or fried foods. Beyond the occasional pan fry when I'm cooking on the stove top.

6. hootpie

hootpie New Member

20lb in 4 weeks is possible if you eat enough. The question is: how much fat do you want to gain?

7. Panoptimist

I mean, not too much, but my BF ratio is probably literally 2% or something rediculous so I don't mind putting some fat on, I just still want to be physically and visibly muscular (to an extent). Again, with my build fat really isn't gonna be too big of an issue, but i dont want to turn into a pudge. I want to maintain somewhat of a tone while bulking. Once I really start bulking I wont cut for at least 40 pounds. But I'm small. Fat gain isn't really an issue.

8. mcoski

mcoski New Member

what is starting weight and height?

9. Panoptimist

Fuck.

5'11" 140.

10. mcoski

mcoski New Member

10 lbs in 4 weeks is definately doable. read sticky but eat more.

11. 60druidgurubash

60druidgurubash OT Supporter

the fat gain wont be bad. i still looked slender and lean...and my abs were still barely visible but i could tell by the way my jeans fit that my waist got larger. however my favorite pair of jeans were getting tight so i wanted to cut down a bit so they fit better :greddy:

12. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

ive always found if i bulk and then maintain you will somehow grow leaner without gaining or losing weight

13. hootpie

hootpie New Member

Your BF ratio is probably literally not even remotely close to 2%.

Read the stickies, eat clean, workout consistently, and give it some time.

14. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

i bet you'd find your bodyfat is actually over 10%

15. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

Just up your protien like 200 gs and check back in

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.