Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Devoidarex, May 18, 2005.
Has everyone installed it?
Yah I did.
I'm surprised how quickly it came out!
yup...didn't fix enough bugs for my taste...
10.4.2, please come soon
I sure did.
sweet. my comp hasnt said anything yet. i hope it fixes this safari memory leak
24 hours later, things seem a bit quicker and more stable...
never really noticed anything before
i still have:
* pretty bad performance issues
* piling icons on top of each other (i.e. when downloading things to the desktop)
* safari missing certain keyboard shortcuts until done the 2nd time in a row
* ical icon being wrong and staying wrong when opened as a login item
* i had the finder stop visually responding to me...like i'd keep saying new window, it wouldn't seem to do it, then i reboot, and there's 20 new windows open
* when renaming files in the finder, when the text of the name should highlight, instead some times it completely disappears
and i could go on and on...some of these are admittedly small things, but when all piled on top of each other, it gets pretty aggravating. performance is the big one for me though
I hate that
Since you obviously care, have you thought about reporting each and every one of these bugs to apple?
anyone else have a big memory leak with safari if kept open long?
sounds more like a problem with your machine. i've never had any of those problems
i've reported each of these and more.
it's not just me, but i do seem to be more the exception than the rule.