GUN 10-4-08 ipsc headcam videos

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by yar1182, Oct 5, 2008.

1. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

click image to play video 11mb wmv
    [​IMG]

Really overcast today. It actually rained after we finished the match. The videos came out kind of dark and I think I might of over did it a little bit running filters to try to brighten it. I think the filters plus the file compression to get it small enough to put on the net hurt the video quality a little.

I'm still working on a flash format that I'm happy with. Hopefully next videos will be in flash.

2. AB13

AB13 New Member

Looking good bro. That's hella better than your old hat cam, that got hard to watch after a while.

3. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

mad niggerish. I like how you turned down the music this time. Fuck it was loud and annoying last time.

4. Milky

Milky I'm in your Millenium Falcon, rumbling your Wookie

Nice, you guys seem to have a lot more movement and complex setups. Do you have a more serious club than most?

Also, what level do you (yar) and AB shoot at?

In other news, I experienced my first clamshell target at our IPSC match today. They seemed to move a lot faster during the walk through than when I was actually shooting the stage so I had to readjust and had time to shoot a static target while I was waiting for the clamshell to activate.

5. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Actually most of our matches are really intracate in So Cal. We just got really good clubs and stage designers. You know ipsc was invented here. South West Pistol League (swpl). I'm the stage designer for swpl.

6. Milky

Our club just seems...boring or simple I guess compared to the stages that you guys run. I think we shot less than 100 rounds today over 5 stages.

7. AB13

AB13 New Member

Wow, that's a pretty low round count match. Was it an ipsc match? You should learn to design stages, it's not that hard really. What's hard is making it "gamer proof". But can be learned. You will also likely get a discount for match entry at a match. For my club, I'll give you a discount for stage design and help setting it up. Stage design is actually an awesome tool to learn how to game a stage. You just have to learn the do's and don'ts and then just start designing stages. I like watching all sorts of matches, and then trying to find a way to change it a little for it to fit the bays in my club. Make sure you thoroughly think out a stage otherwise you'll have some seasoned shooters game the stage and make you look like an idiot.

I've got some sick stages mapped out for next year. I'm taking over as Tournament Director for Renton USPSA. In Washington, Renton hosts the most shooters per average in IPSC and IDPA. And I'm a committee member of the Renton Fish and Game club and Northwest Section USPSA.

I haven't been shooting as long as Yar, and I have a problem with sticking to one gun for very long. I'm a C class shooter classified in:
    -Single Stack
    -Limited 10
    -Limited
    -Production
    Only thing I'm not classified in is Revolver and Open, and I'm shooting an Open gun next year.

I suck at classifiers. lol

In IDPA I'm classifed in
    -Stock Service Pistols
    -Enhanced Service pistols (2008 State Champ)
    -Custom Defensive pistols as a Sharp Shooter.

8. Milky

Yes it was an IPSC match as far as I know. I only started shooting this summer so maybe in the winter the round count will pick up. It was still in the mid 80s today.

Also, the club is fairly small. We only had 22 shooters today and the biggest group was production with 8 shooters.

AB, you seem to be much faster then a C shooter. I also suck at classifiers - I zeroed the one today, ha.

9. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

AB is a sand bagging mother fucker. those flips are known to sand bag. :naughty:

I'm C open and C limited. I mostly shoot 3 gun and steel so I don't get to shoot many classifers. I