GUN 10/22

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by islanderman7, May 24, 2006.

1. islanderman7

islanderman7 New Member

educate me on fluted barrels. is it just another one of those fads (form).:greddy: Because im seriously considering to buy a classic smooth blued bull barrel or a fluted one. Whats the function of a spiral flute compared to straight flute?

2. Cooling and some say weight saving, but does a 10/22 really need a barrel like this in semi auto target mode?

3. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

4. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

.22s will never heat up the barrel to the point where you'd need it, but i think it looks cool.

5. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

I dont know about the cooling factor...but it does look nice and WILL save weight. I would have gotten one instead of my bull barrel, but the cost didnt justify it. And I am always sitting on a bench anyway.

6. Sssnake

Sssnake meh

If weight is an issue, get a carbon fiber barrel from VQ.
    If you shoot a brick at a sitting, heat can build up but not really going to be a factor unless you are doing match shooting. putting 500 rounds through a barrel will make it a tad warm. You don't need anything over 16-17" either.

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  7. itchiban

itchiban New Member

My 10/22 weighs a fucking ton. When I let my friends shoot it they are surprised at the weight. Most of that comes from the barrel. I would have gotten a fluted barrel but, A. I dont use it for much than bench shooting and B. I think flutes look gay.