GUN 10/22 threaded barrel?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Keesh, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Keesh

Keesh New Member

OK, I would like to upgrade from my Ruger 10/22 barrel and I am looking for a threaded bull barrel so I can eventually put a can on it. I'm looking at tactical solutions but they are kind of pricey? Does anyone one know if they are worth it?
    Also, should I go fluted or not, I would like to hunt squirrels and such with it but I have a Marlin .22 WMR bolt rifle that I could use. I guess I wouldn't mind my 10/22 to be turned into a bench gun but I don't know.

2. chakup

chakup Guest

tactical solutions will be your lightest bet and canbe had for ~$205. Green Mountain I've heard is usually more accurate and can be found fluted for ~$100, add in ~$50 for threading. Or pick up one already threaded on e-bay for ~$170 I think.

For a can- check out www.halomfg.com he's local and a very cool guy.

3. 90free400e

90free400e New Member

tac solutions has barrels already threaded. I wish i could upload this picture, if you have facebook ill send you the link but a guy here has a tac solutions .920 barrel that came pre threaded and an swr warlock can. The Can looks like an extension of the barrel and you can barely even see that its on there.

4. itchiban

itchiban New Member

I've read on RFC that the tac solutions barrels come behind the GM and Whistlepigs as far as accuracy goes in the bang-for-buck barrels. I don't know how much threading a barrel would run, but you could look into that if accuracy is super important. But for a one stop-already finished product, I think the Tac barrels are hard to beat.

I've got a whistlepig on order. :bigthumb:

5. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Nice, Yeah, I have Facebook, PM me or something.

6. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Awesome! Thanks for the info and link :)