GUN 10/22 Peeps

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by phrozenlikwid, Oct 6, 2009.

1. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Does anyone have any dealings with this stock:

[​IMG]

Butler Creek "Target" stock for those wondering....

Looks like it has a more closed/vertical wrist than the Hogue, giving it a McM Classic appearance (which is a good thing). Figuring the plastic/fantastic is probably dogshit though, and I'll have to bed/float/re-enforce the fuck outta it, but that's ok.

Anyone got one to comment, specifically in regards to the Hogue? Anyone got one they wanna trade/sell?

2. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

MG needs to post up a pic of his new 10/22 pattern. WTF.

3. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

The Hogue isn't bad, it's just that wrist angle is kinda weird for me anywhere but offhand.

Bout to just say fuckit and order a McM....... Goddammit

4. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

I need a 'net special starring one of these.......... stat

[​IMG]

5. None of my parts are here yet. :hs:

6. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

my bad.... I thought you had already gotten the stock in.

Looking at prices... and they are proud of that little bastard aren't they?! Halfway to a McM......

7. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I love the barricuda stock. You have to shoot one to appreciate it. It made was one of the major reasons why I did a 10/22 build. I bought the stock before I bought the base rifle. Ruger used a red/white/blue barricuda build and called it their race rifle. When I shot one I knew it was going to be the doninate platform for my local run and gun steel plate match

8. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

I've played with some of those race-stock deals..... They are neat, and for what you do probably the shit. For what I do.... I didn't care for them. Most of the forend design's I've seen on them weren't conducive to throwing them up on some shit ass position without them squirming away from you.

My 10/22's are field guns, get the fuck beat out of them routinely, and are shot from positions that would make you and David Tubb cry. Really I'm just trying to be a cheap-ass here, as the McM Sillywet stock would likely be perfect for what I want - I just don't wanna drop $500 on a stock at them moment.

On the flipside.... I've pondered more than once building up a short-range offhand blaster like yours for fun. I bet that thing IS murder on run and gun stuff.

9. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Maybe I should just get a Tapco 6-position. I need more rails in my life. Could also probably sharpen the rails and use them as stakes to make a better hold on wood.

Would make an excellent video me thinks to see me swinging a 10/22 laterally like a Louisville slugger into a tree, then shooting it without support. Innovation right thurrr

10. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Who gets dealer pricing at Midway?

PM me.

11. I've got the stock, I thought you were talking about the built rifle. What do you want to know about it?

12. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

I wanted pics.

Who wants a Hogue?

13. I'll take some pics tonight and post them tonight or tomorrow morning.

14. I actually sold my Hogue stock and TacSol barrel to one of the guys I work with this afternoon.

15. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Thinking I'm gonna go Annie Sillywet style, with probably a Kidd Lightweight.

Fuuuuuuck these goddamn rimfires.

16. Here's the stock:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see here, it's not intended to be free floated. Barrel droop being a concern at long range, I'll see how it shoots with pressure on the front of the barrel, as I can always file this down later to free float it. To counteract the effects of barrel droop I also went with a 15MOA scope base, and the mil dot scope for easier holdovers.

[​IMG]

My complaint about this stock, the grip area is too big, likely so it matches the area of their other stocks of this style. That leaves the trigger recessed a bit, and it's kind of odd to hold initially.

[​IMG]

As you can see here, it's just the area in the back that's deeper than you'd expect. The rest of the receiver sits where its supposed to.

[​IMG]