SRS 1 Year Anniversary this week and I don't know what I am doing with the relationship.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Swak, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Swak

Swak Artificially known as ObsoleteAsian

So I have been dating this girl for about a year, things were great for I guess the first half of it. Only a few months after dating her I let her move in or stay with me since she was living at home. I really can't put a timeframe on when it happened but it seems that we have grown distant. We both still love each other. I still care for her. But I have no attraction physically for her, not saying she is ugly. But its like I treat her like a friend now. She moved out a few weeks a go back home to try and help this. But now I am at the point of not caring, and to make it even better our 1 year is this week and I want to pull the plug but I can't really come out with that this week. I am not asking for comfort or anything like that but perhaps to ask me questions on information I am not providing so I can see if I can breakdown this and understand what is going on.

2. johan

johan Active Member

Sounds to me like your feeling is that it's done, but you're reluctant to pull the plug due to other factors.
    Key question: how old are the two of you.

3. Swak

Swak Artificially known as ObsoleteAsian

23 myself, she just recently turned 21.

I have thoughts that I don't want to hurt her over this, but I just don't think I can do it anymore. She doesn't give me the right kind of attention anymore so I think that is what helped me to distance myself recently.

Plus we are at very different parts of my life. She grew up a lot different than I did. I am one of those people who have to strive for the best and finished college a year a go, already working full time planning on my buying my own place end of year. I have been living out of my parents house since 18. I am very independent in the way I do things. She still lives at home just barely started college. Doesn't mind sitting all day playing games. Which I don't mind but even I think she plays to much.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2006
  4. FuckCF4Life

FuckCF4Life New Member

Hey i just ended almost a two year rela.. and im soo happy and i hope she doesnt read this because... I love her but im not sure if i am inlove with her.. shes more a great freind.. WAIT A TICK? IM SINGLE AGAIN, OH BEHAVE!

5. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Sounds like she's dragging you down just end it. I cant stand girls with no drive or ambition in life, girls like that find a guy to marry so they can stay home all day and do nothing but get fat