1 farad capacitor recommendations

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mojo, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Mojo

Mojo New Member

im running an 500 rms watt amp and need some recommendations for a 1 farad cap. i know the rule of thumb is 1/2 farad for 500 watt but i plan to hook up an additional 2ch amp for my components. what are some good capacitor brands to look into? i been checking out stinger/lightning audio/audiobahn but still researching to see which is best bang for buck wise. for $50-$60, what would u get and why?

thanks

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

save the money and don't bother with a cap. run 4awg wiring and then you should be okay... if you still have problems, you need an alternator, not a capacitor.

3. Mojo

Mojo New Member

im currently running 4awg power wire. i would go with an alternator, but ive heard stories how an bigger and better alternator isnt 'always' good. and plus, a cap is much more affordable than a new alt. just want to give better flow of current to my sub and get rid of dimming

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

well, i don't know what you mean by an alternator not being good.... But I can tell you that a capacitor is certainly not what you need... so if an alternator is too much $$$, then don't bother wasting your money on a cap.

But if you really want one, I have a couple 1 farad caps that I'd be happy to scam, err sell, you.

5. Mojo

Mojo New Member

lol. ive decided to go with suns hyper voltage system and maybe there grounding kit in the future.

but i guess your right, a cap is a watse of money.

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

if that suns hyper-voltage system you speak of is the star-based grounding hub, then you got taken worse than a cap...

7. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

:rofl: truth