GUN 1 & 2 point slings

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by WooleyBooger, Dec 14, 2009.

1. WooleyBooger

WooleyBooger OT Supporter

How many slings are there that convert from a 1 pt to a 2 pt sling, similar to the magpul? I like the idea of being able to do either function with one piece of equipment, but would like to see what the options are. What do you guys think of the magpul sling?

I've seen one other that can be converted, made by condor, but it doesn't look nearly as easy/quick to switch as the magpul.

2. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

MS2 could be wider and/or padded. Latch is also painted and minor use results in wear. Not bad but not the best.

3. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

After I saw a few people burn the shit out of themselves with single point slings I will not put one on one of my rifles. They look real cool sure, but it's just not practical.

There are two things I need a sling to do. The first is to be able to sling my rifle after shooting and being able to move without the hot barrel burning the crap out of me. A good 2 point sling can be quickly cinched where the rifle is captured up against your chest or small of the back with the barrel in a postion it will not burn your legs etc. A single point drops the muzzle down right onto your thigh, or nuts. I'm sure you can train enough with any sling and wear proper clothing to avoid burns. I usually wear shorts and I shoot my barrels hot so it's a no brainer for me. At MGM ironman you had to sling up and climb a 3 story ladder up to a shooting platform. Imagine a hot barrel swinging around burning the crap out of you as you climb and your expensive optics wacking the ladder every 3 rungs.

Secondly the sling is a shooting aid. You can cinch yourself up tight to give yourself more stability. You need a two point sling to do this.

If your intentions is a practical sling get something like the vtac 2 point sling and some quick detachments (I like the uncle mikes). This is a shooting/fighting sling. If you intention is to take cool pics for barf.com, pose for pictures, walk around your house fronting the the single point would be right for you.

[y]1uuHqBP-FJQ[/y]

4. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

:bowrofl:

5. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Rob_s from yellowwiggercap.net or whatever it is made a pretty kickass MS2 clone out of a VCAS. Best of both worlds if you don't mind a little DIY.

6. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

lol its tacticalyellowvisor.net :hsugh: :o

and i have a 2pt that i love, i've had no desire to go to a 1pt. it's easy for me to drop the rifle and not worry about it hitting my balls or flailing about while moving around.

7. JRucker2004

JRucker2004 New Member

I'd like to be able to drop my rifle, and grab my sidearm, keep walking forward without kicking my rifle, that shit hurts.
    A single point sling is the only thing I've found that allows me to do that. Granted, a 10.5" barrel helps a lot, and I'm sure a single point wouldn't work nearly as well with a 16" barrel, or if you have a lot of shit hanging off your rifle.

8. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

i sling mine so its on the left side of my body with the mag pointing backwards, if that makes sense? it stays put and allows me to move, draw, etc without any problems.