SRS 1/2 a 40-ouncer of Irish Whiskey

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SixSecrets, Dec 1, 2007.

1. SixSecrets

SixSecrets New Member

In your considered opinion, would someone who drank a half 40-ounce bottle of Irish Whiskey every night, be on the road, or is on the road to alcoholism? And, moreoverm would a person who drank said whiskeey every night have a rather skewed view on the situation of the world?

Just wondering.

2. okietiger

okietiger New Member

if it controls your life then yea maybe, but only you can say if you are a alcoholic or not.

3. Richard Manuel

Richard Manuel OT Supporter

on it's surface I say yes. But the big question always is if it effects other parts of your life. Does it make you miss work or perform poorly at work? Does it impact your family life? Impact your finances? Friendships? Can you go a day with it? A week?

There are the occasional functioning alcoholics who can drink that much and not have it impact their life, and who are not physically addicted and can go a day or week without and be fine. If that isn't your friend, then try and encourage them to scale back some or seek help if it is that serious.

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Alcohol affects your brain chemistry, and so it can be addictive. Even if you're not born addicted, repeated heavy use can instigate an addiction, because after a while your body simply won't work right unless your internal chemistry includes alcohol.

5. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

considering that amount of alcohol would make your "average" person virtually comatose, well, that could be a good sign. He probably functions "just fine" with that much booze in him, which in and of itself would concern me.

6. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

Yes and yes.

It seems to contribute to fat fingered typing and punctuation errors also.