0x80040705 string access out of bounds

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by trix are for kids, Apr 7, 2008.

1. trix are for kids

trix are for kids New Member

our brother mfc-8220 printer/fax died at work (which i am directly connected to via usb) and was replaced with the exact same model. mfl suite pro the fax program brother has associated with the printer) was attempted to reinstall but runs into the 0x80040705 string access out of bounds error when installing. looking around found that its an error with installshield. trying to download new installshields havent worked.

anyone one what i can do to fix this? any loopholes or backdoors or anything, just to have the program installed. thanks for any help

2. Chris

Chris New Member

I actually have an MFC-8820D which sounds very similar to your model, but I dont use any of the Brother software that came with it. It all seemed to Windows 98 for me.

What exactly do you need the machine/software to do, because windows can probably do it on its own.

Also do you still have the machine that died? I need a part for mine and I would gladly pay you for it.

*edit* nm about the part, it looks like are models are too different

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I've not been impressed with Brother products lately. I've seen more than a few errors like the one you got, plus some other ones like "Receiving Error" followed shortly thereafter by a perfectly good printout, or "No Dialtone" when the speaker is clearly playing a dialtone sound.

My advice is to buy a small office Xerox machine instead. They're reliable.

4. trix are for kids

all i need it to do is fax directly from the computer, w/o having to print out then fax. i fax 100-200 orders a day, it's 10x easier and more convenient. what the software did, was when i clicked print, i would simply change the print out put from the Brother printer/fax to PC-FAX, then it would pop up a phone i would dial on. if anyone can recommend me a good program for that, it would be great, thanks

5. Chris

Chris New Member

Windows

How to enable and configure the Fax service in Windows XP
    How To Send a Fax in Windows XP
    Faxing in Windows XP

Its pretty much the same procedure if you're using Vista

6. trix are for kids

much thanks