08 altima audio

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Freonthewhite, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Freonthewhite

Freonthewhite FrEoN OT Supporter

hi, just got an 08 2.5s with the audio controls on the wheel and that stock radio has to go. I don't have enough money to do much else besides upgrade the deck so the speakers will remain for now. Do you guys think this head unit is any good:

KW-XG700

There shouldn't be any problem just swapping the head units right, even though i'm not getting an amp or new speakers?

Any help or other suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Not strictly related, but what do you think of the 2.5? Did you get the CVT or the stickshift?

3. Smorgan

Smorgan New Member

If you want to keep the steering wheel controls, you'll need an interface to use with your aftermarket deck, and if you have premium sound, you'll need an amp bypass harness. Otherwise, it should be fairly straightforward. Getting to the deck might be hard depending on the mounting and the screw/bolt locations.

Good luck if you aren't familiar with doing things yourself. You'll need it.

Kef

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

What's wrong with the stock radio, anyway? I was in a friend's Altima a few weeks ago (he has the nav system) and the radio sounded fine. It wasn't like a mastering booth, but it was good for what you can expect in a moving vehicle.

Oh, and what took people so goddamned long to start putting AUX jacks on the fronts of car radios?

5. Freonthewhite

cvt, it's fucking awesome. you can flip it to manual mode though and it shifts gears like a video game, it's fun. pretty fast too, nice on the inside. i got it in dark slate with charcoal inteior

6. Freonthewhite

the stock radio doesn't play mp3's, the nav system is a bose radio with more speakers. unfortunately to get that option you're forced to add like $4000 of other shit, you can't get just the better sound system

7. Freonthewhite

i got it with the convenience package for $21k out the door. i thought that was pretty good

8. Freonthewhite

ya that pac-swi thing, i'm not doing that shit myself, i'd rather pay $75 at best buy and have the installation guaranteed for life

9. asp

asp New Member

:ugh:

10. Freonthewhite

whatever dude i like it and i don't know how to drive stick

11. tjamz

tjamz New Member

I'm with you on this actually (well, I know how to drive a manual) my 06 Murano and 09 Camry both have CVT, I love the shockless shifting and fuel economy that it affords. With the Murano, using the electronic shift points is kinda fun, but that kinda wears off (the fun factor of shifting) after a while.