A&P 08-27-05 Sunset & Distant Chicago Skyline

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by p00f, Aug 29, 2005.

1. p00f

p00f New Member

I first posted this in Offtopic....yea.....Anyway, just looking for a little critiqueing (sp) I guess.

So the lady friend and I went up to Michigan City this weekend and went to the Indiana Dunes. We went up there just to have a picnic and catch the sunset, but ended up swimming in the cold ass lake :bowdown: With out towels and/or a dry set of clothes [​IMG]

Anyway, got some pics of the sunset, and as the sun was setting you could see the chicago skyline across the lake :bowdown::bowdown: It was my first time being up there, and although I had heard about this many a time I had never seen it. It was truly badass :bigok:

So here's the pics...there's about 21 or so I believe, if anyone happens to want a fullsize 2592x1944 just let me know and I can send it through G-mail :)

These pics were taken with my Canon Powershot G6. It was my first time with using the manual setting and all. So go easy on me :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was a beautiful evening :bigthumb: And I thought it was the coolest thing ever seeing the skyline like that :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

So what do you guys think? :)

**I know alot of them are similiar, but I just took the best looking ones out of the group and posted them all.**

Also, the skyline is kinda hard to see in these smaller pics, but then again when I open them in 'fax/picture viewer' you can see them pretty well :dunno: I tried uploading and posting one of the fullsize images but it came out the same size on here :confused: So if you guys want to see the bigger ones just let me know. Or tell me of somewhere to host them where they will stay fullsize.

2. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

i dont see a skyline :dunno:

3. p00f

p00f New Member

save one of the pictures where the sun is closer to the left.....open it up, and scroll the horizon, it's there :)

Is there somewhere I can host a large version of one of the pics and it stay the big size when i post it here?? It was so badass to see in person:bowdown::bowdown: At first I didn't think my camera was going to be able to capture it, but then the lady did a little tweaking and we got it:bigthumb::bigthumb:

4. p00f

p00f New Member

Here is one Full Size.

You can see the Chicago Skyline to the right of the sun :bowdown::bowdown: I want to say the tall building there is the Sears Tower, but I honestly do not know :dunno:

[​IMG]