04 STi

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by El Slotho, Jun 6, 2004.

1. El Slotho

El Slotho Every hour wounds. The last one kills.

I changed it up for this car.

Clay
    Einszett PP
    Klasse S/G
    S100

Everything was super easy, until it was time to remove the S/G. All I can say is damn. It just didn't want to come off! I honestly think it took me as long to just remove the S/G as it took to clay and polish the car! I let the S/G dry as directed on the container, but I think next time I may try removing it a bit quicker to see if it helps with the ease of removal. :sad2:

In the end, I was blown away by how much the S/G brought out the metallic flake in the paint. It was barely visible beforehand, and now in the sun it is all you can see on the areas of direct exposure. Great stuff!

Final pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bunmango

bunmango OT Supporter

SG being too hard to remove is a sign that you're using too much product... believe me, I've had that happen to me several times :) Just use a QD to help you out with those stubborn spots...

3. El Slotho

I believe it! I should have been more careful (and sparing) with the application - Next time hopefully I will have a better time of it.

Thanks! :big grin:

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You can also apply and remove SG like S100, one panel at a time. Much easier to use and doesn't seem to affect durability either. I like the Wolfgang sealant more though because it isn't as finicky. You can't argue with the results with SG though, it is a top notch product, especially on silvers, whites and pearls.

5. El Slotho

The final result was spectacular. The funny thing is my girlfriend is about to trade in her TT Roadster for an Alpine White Z4, and I am having a tough time deciding on which process to use. I know I am going to clay, and use the PP, but while I did like the SG I think I am going to go over it with the VM/EX-P/S100 as I still think I like that process better. :)