04 - other experts, what do you think this dac is worth?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by nukegoat, Jun 22, 2004.

1. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

It's an a/d/s/ da20e...

super rare unit, only like 5 used in the united states. This one was imported from thailand, I've used it for a while but I was thinking about selling my entire head unit / DAC combo and just getting the new drz-9255...

anyways, anyone got an idea what this would be worth to someone?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 04

04 Guest

If there are only 5 units in the US, it's probably worth quite a bit. Do you have any idea how much it originally sold for?

What kind of digital input does it have? Optical or electrical?

3. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

there were more sold overseas, not a whole lot more, but enough. I meant 5 units were originally in the US before some were imported over in the secondary market (like mine, for example).

I contacted many guys at a/d/s/ and they basically said it was a joint venture with nakamichi. this unit is older but one was featured in the a/d/s/ demo car for a while. I have no idea how much it originally sold for, i bought it from some guy for a ridiculously low price, who hooked me up because I'm just his friend.

It's a coaxial input, 4 volt output. I bought it to get rid of the noise problems I was having with the internal DAC in my headunit and it definitely got rid of the problems.

Even the cheapest of external DAC's are pretty expensive, no? It's a question of finding someone who wants one, i guess.

4. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

c'mon... an estimate?

5. 04

04 Guest

I really don't know, but probably 300 dollars? :dunno:

6. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

look up techman on sounddomain.com... i'm sure if he did not want it, he could find someone for you.