04' Honda Odyssey: Orange Peel Paint?!?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Maverick, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Maverick

Maverick Guest

My parents bought an 04' Honda Odyssey LX during the SoCal fires (late October). I didn't notice it much but now that I did a full lookover, the paint looks like an orange peel. To me, this is unacceptable for a brand new car. Do you think I could take it into the dealer and demand they fix it? I honestly think they should be the one's paying to fix the paint since it's a $30k car!!

2. gandhibrokemyskates

gandhibrokemyskates slangin beer

yea, they should re buff or wetsand it.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Agreed. No excuse for excessive orange peel on a $30,000 vehicle. My brother has an Oddyssey and the orange peel is very minimal.

4. bunmango

bunmango OT Supporter

I remember Scott posted a few pics of a new Benz S class with a lot of orange peel on the doors... my friend's mom just picked up a 2004 S500 a month or so ago, and it seems to have the same problem. Do you think going back to the dealer and complaining would be worth it? I'd hate for the car to come back in worse condition than it already is, given that most dealerships can't even wash a car correctly.

5. Scottwax

New Mercedes are notorious for orange peel. I've seen very few with what I would consider 'acceptable' levels. Complaining to the dealer may help, but if every new Mercedes owner would bitch and complain or outright refuse delivery of $40,000-$140,000 cars with excessive orange peel, maybe they'd actually do something about it at the factory level.

6. legendary91l

legendary91l DP Ownz Yoo!

In reality, most people will buy the car and care less about the orange peel or dont know anything about it. We are like the 5% of the market share who really care about orange peel and all that paint stuff.

7. Scottwax

:hs: The sheep make extra effort by the manufacturer unnecessary.

8. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

What is orange peel? Is that when the car looks like it got a crappy paint job? Isn't real refelctive or something? Could someone post a pic of orange peel and one without it so I can see the difference?

EDIT - I searched and found my answer. :o