'04 GTX 4tech SC Seadoo RPM vs thrust problem

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by elevator, Jul 2, 2007.

1. elevator

elevator The tenants think it's wonderful! ヽ(´ OT Supporter

Haven't seen a PWC thread here in a while

I've got an '04 GTX 4tech SC Seadoo and I pulled it out this past weekend to make sure it was good to go for next week's lake trip. Well, it starts up fine but when I get it out, I punch it and the thrust increases but not in proportion to the RPMs. The RPMs go up, but the thrust just isn't there. when I go back down to idle, the RPMs fluctuate 1400 to 1800 (back and forth). I called my local Seadoo service place and they said it sounds like the wear ring but they couldn't get to it for 3 weeks. Does it sound like a wear ring to you guys? Is this something I can replace? Are there any other places I could take this besides a pwc service center to get it fixed?

2. bubbaZR2

bubbaZR2 i poop too much, then i get tired... OT Supporter

When was the last tune up? plugs, wires, fuel filter, etc.

My yamaha gave me similar kind of shit when i put in cheap ass Denso spark plugs. Swapped the old NGKs back into it and ran just fine. Learned my lesson about going cheap...

My friends Kawi spit and sputtered one time and it ended up being the fuel filter. Just make sure all the basic stuff is up to date before you start tearing into more serious things.

3. elevator

elevator The tenants think it's wonderful! ヽ(´ OT Supporter

took the grate off and found some trash in the impeller :o , then ran it for a while and its back to new. I will get it serviced/winterized at the end of the season, it only has 52 hours on it...