03 r6

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Jackal, Aug 16, 2006.

  1. Jackal

    Jackal New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2004
    Messages:
    109
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hey, I've been looking at some bikes and hopefully you guys can help. It is a 2003 r6 and has 5700 miles on it. The guy is asking $5,000 for it and seems like it would be a good deal. I havent seen the bike up close yet, but there is time for that this weekend. Just want to see if you guys think this may be worth checking out. Personally, this is my 2nd bike and I don't want to spend more then 5 grand, the only other choice is to wait for winter and see if anyone is parting with another r6 or gsxr 600.
     
  2. TL1000RSquid

    TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004
    Messages:
    14,257
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    NY
    $5k wouldn't be a bad price on it, cannt hurt to check it out.
     
  3. ChatChai

    ChatChai OT Supporter

    Joined:
    May 6, 2005
    Messages:
    376
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Corona, CA
    yeah that seems like a pretty low price. I would check if it has been laid down before.
     
  4. FiddyRR

    FiddyRR New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2006
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    $4K at most..... its an '03 bike..... and on top of that, its a 600. so $4K and below its a good price IMO.
     
  5. ChatChai

    ChatChai OT Supporter

    Joined:
    May 6, 2005
    Messages:
    376
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Corona, CA
    :wtf: no way should he offer $4k for the bike. That is a total low ball price. This is of course if the bike is in good condition without being dropped. A few years old and only 5700 miles on the bike is nothing. Going below $5k is unreasonable IMHO.
     
  6. geartex

    geartex New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2005
    Messages:
    756
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Altadena, CA
    not a bad price, go for it.
     
  7. Jackal

    Jackal New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2004
    Messages:
    109
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well guys, I sent him an e-mail saying I have a some money available under his asking price. Hopefully, he says let's make a deal, otherwise I'll just pay the 5gs. Thanks for your input.
     

Share This Page