03 accord coupe V6(6 speed) or the new solara??

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Mantis, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Mantis

Mantis Guest

i'm in the market for a new car. would like a decent size coupe. i've seen a couple new solaras on the road. i think they look cool. anyone know the specs on them? i've driven the accord coupe v6, unfortunately only automatic but it was still pretty damn quick. i can only imagine how much better the 6 speed would be. i'm not lookin to be a speed demon or anything, i just want something comfortable, but a little oomph under the hood is always handy. i'm not familiar with the new solaras. what are your thoughts on the new solaras, and the accord for that matter? and which of these two would be a better buy? thanks.

2. KeeperOfAcheron

KeeperOfAcheron I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of a

I have a WRX, and I test drove the 6-speed Accord and loved it for almost the same price. Its fast, and has a beautiful interior. I didn't like the solaria at all, but a few of my friends did.

Overall performance, value, relabilty, and warrenty - I would go with Honda.

3. alverino03

alverino03 Active Member

is the accord still marked up to 30k?

4. sduquette

sduquette Guest

Just test drove a loaded 6spd at $26k. I love the car, quick, beautiful interior, very nice radio, but fwd. If I was a little more mature, I would get it, but I like my IS and am sure I will like my BMW

5. 9100RPM

9100RPM OT Supporter

Accord V6 6Speed > Solara

The accord will have alot more aftermarket support if you are wanting to mod it up a bit. The new solara looks like shit. Toyota has been slacking badly lately with all of their cars.(not speaking of lexus)

6. alverino03

alverino03 Active Member

:werd: i saw the solara on the street and i was like wtf is that shit??!!?! they fukt it up big time with the solara... :hs:

7. Mantis

Mantis Guest

thanks for the replies. those are the answers that i was expecting. honda it is! :cool:

8. unrealii

unrealii professor of plant biology

Personally I like the solara, but it lacks the manual trans option on the v6. I did sit in the back of the solara and the accord coupe and teh solara has a more room in the back if that counts for anything.

9. Danb13

Danb13 Real life is so boring and stupid

i work at a honda dealer and i have to say honda, the 6spd is farily rare and can be semi hard to come by, if u can id get it, the 6spd is awsome it feels like the s2k and the car makse 240 hp/tq so its addaquate

10. jdm_supra

jdm_supra Guest

I think the new solora looks a lot better then the previous model. But the power is a little bit on the weak side, compared to the Accord V6 (coupe) With the option of a 6MT avaliable on the accord. I would go for the accord.

11. Mr Bridge

Mr Bridge New Member

accord for sure. I haven't personally drive the v6 yet, but I hear its an awesome car. I don't really like the looks of the new solara anyways

12. c32andy

c32andy New Member

I'd get the accord

13. ae86andkp61

ae86andkp61 Guest

I like the looks of the Solara and the interior space. 225hp/240 ft/lbs stock. The manual is a nod in favor of the Accord to be sure, but keep in mind that TRD does offer a supercharger for the Solara....keep your warranty and make even more torque!

14. Type R Boy

Type R Boy Guest

When it comes to the decision between a Honda and a Toyota I have always looked at them like this. Generally Hondas are gonna be the sportier choice, offering a more driver oriented feel with livelier engines and sportier suspension. For fit and finish toyota wins for longevity, the tight feel of the car will remain longer than in a honda. Hondas are more prone to shakes and rattles over the years, nothing big but still present. Toyotas will generally have softer suspension setups and therefore offer a nicer ride in terms of comfort.
    V6 Engines in Toyotas are quiet....and thats pretty much it, not very lively at all, their I6 motors are a diff story.

Both are companies make cars that last forever so thats not a concern. It really a matter of choice.