03 Accord as a DD

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by BrettRT, Sep 20, 2006.

1. BrettRT

BrettRT New Member

Researching a bunch of cars right now, ranging from 06 Mazda6 to Toyota Camry to the Honda Accord.

Right now the 03+ Accord is winning me over as far as looks, interior, MPG, reliability, and insurance.

Thoughts on it as a daily driver? The V6 seems a little quick, 240hp or so?

I have my VR4 as a WW so this car won't be modified, just looking for some opinions.

2. Brigante

Brigante i'm a lurker without an avatar, deal with it

i have one as a DD. and i think it makes a perfect daily driver. i have a 6MT V6 coupe, fully loaded (6 disc changer, nav, satellite, leather, sunroof and all that) so there's a healthy balance of both sport and luxury, not to mention the V6 gets really good gas mileage on cheap generic gas. i'm averaging 26-28mpg on city/highway combined; best i averaged on the highway was 34mpg between LA and frisco which is not shabby at all for a 3000lb+ car with a V6. i don't think the car needs to be modified, especially if you wanna keep some sort of practicality as a daily driver. it's pretty damn quick out of the factory. i anticipate that this car will give me many problem-free miles, which is the major deciding factor on why i traded an audi in for one to use as my DD. i give my high recommendation for one as a DD, especially if you can get your hands on a V6 6MT and you can have some fun with it at the same time. a coupel complaints though are the excessive road noise, which is typical of hondas, the tires are no good and the suspension too soft and too high for my tastes.

only thing i modified is the suspension. i dropped it a couple inches on some coilovers, swapped the shocks and added a larger rear sway. shocks are adjustable and obviously the coilovers are height adjustable so this car can remain a sensible daily driver and can be adjusted for weekend joyrides.

3. sub9lulu

sub9lulu LSx RX-7 in progress krew

mazda 6

4. BrettRT

BrettRT New Member

Exactly the reply I was looking for, I'm lookin at an auto transmission just cause I'm really lazy when it comes to DD'ing. Thanks!

5. BrettRT

BrettRT New Member

Any particular reason why?

6. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Mazda routinely offers better features, comfort, and power for the same price than Honda or Toyota, and the reliability is comparable to either brand.

If you really want to have fun, you can get the Mazdaspeed 6 for $30k including various options. It has a 275hp turbocharged engine connected to all-wheel drive. It's the sexiest midsize sedan available east of Germany.

I had a 1989 Mazda 626 before I got my VW. I drove the thing til it was 16 years old -- with no major rebuilds ever -- and it could still do 0-60 in 11 seconds. It died when a teenage girl totaled it in front of my house on her way to church. Funny thing was, it still ran just fine; I just couldn't steer it because the rack was split in half. C'est la vie.

7. My dad has an 03 accord and its a great car. He has the 4cyl ex. I remember reading a while ago that the mazda 6 couldn't be recommended anymore because of how shitty the reliability was by consumer report or car and driver or something. Maybe they changed the problems with the car but I have never been a fan of mazda anyways.

8. StylishDOHC

StylishDOHC New Member

03+ Accord are really nice cars..i wouldn't mind having one as a DD..Also have you looked into Subaru Legacys?