03-04 Infiniti M45 opinions?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by captainwang, Mar 13, 2007.

1. captainwang

captainwang New Member

what does everyone think of these things? yeah i know they are not the most exciting looking things out there, but the v8 from the Q sounds like a good deal, plus ive been seeing these in my area for under $25k

:hs:

2. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

I think they look Yakuza-hot. No idea how they drive though. Probably not real thrilling.

3. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

Love the looks and the power BUT the VK has a terrible habit of eating oil to the point of engine replacement. I almost bought an 04 M45 w/ 30K miles; limo tint, coilovers, a set of wheels, and a Z32 diff were all the mods I was going to do to it.

4. Tom93R1

Tom93R1 Member

For being such a large car the active suspension certainly maked it feel like a much smaller lighter car. I was quite impressed with the way they drive, almost like a sports car and quite entertaining. And I really liked the back-up camera integrated in the nav system with lines for reversing into a parking space, really neat.

If I was in the market for a large car I certainly would consider it.

5. Wreckless

Wreckless New Member

The VK's oil consumption habits can be partially mitigated by running appropriate oil: a friend of mine has had great luck using Mobil 1 exclusively in his Q45.

The M45 is an awesome luxury sedan. It doesn't have the name recognition of a Benz or BMW but the build quality is still excellent, the power is adequate but you're not going to be beating many people light-to-light.
    I'm in agreement with THT, just a Z32 LSD and a nice set of wheels should leave the car basically done. The stock suspension is a touch on the soft side for my tastes, but I think a set of Eibachs and matching KYB/Tokiko/Bilstein shocks would take care of it - the benefits of adjustable coilovers on a touring sedan would be hard to enjoy on most American highways between the speed limits and poor pavement quality.

6. bfk_si_eg

bfk_si_eg New Member

they are good cars, i worked on them for a bit, and for being that big, power is prettu goo for stock

7. mcents717

mcents717 New Member

interior is soo nice:bowdown: