02 Maxima Before and After Detail Pics

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by GSRstilez, Oct 6, 2003.

1. GSRstilez

GSRstilez New Member

Well, I came home this weekend to do some details. Turned out to be 5 cars in one day (Sunday, 10/5/03). This is what I started out on right around 7am.

02 Charcoal Maxima GLE

This is a repeat customer. I did a full detail for him a lil under 2 months ago. Today, I did:

Exterior

Dawn Wash
    Gliptone Swirl Remover Polish
    S100
    Gliptone Wet Look on Tires
    Rain-X on windows

INTERIOR

Lexol Twins
    Shout Oxy Power mixed with water (carpet cleaner)
    Gliptone Glass Cleaner

Pretty routine job. Didn't need the full works because his paint was still relatively clean along with his interior. I think it came out real nice. He was thrilled as always. I am doing his Harley next month so I will be searching for some info here on detailing a hog. Anyways, here are some pics...

BEFORE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AFTER

This one is after the wash and with polish.
    [​IMG]

This one is about 5 mins after the picture above. I did the hood quick because I did not want the lighting to change. The wonders of s100.
    [​IMG]

Yes, that is a new rear bumper. He got backed into. Notice the difference...
    [​IMG]

Reflection
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Throw me some feedback if you'd like and check for my other posts for my other details of the day.

2. Tom Ridge

Tom Ridge Guest

stop dawn washing

3. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

:werd:

And start using S100 SEPC.

4. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

:werd: to both. You would be amazed at how much deeper and how much more shine SEPC adds. I didn't use SEPC the first time I used S100 and was like meh... but the next time I used SEPC and I was like :eek3:

I would be a little leary of oxy clean as I have heard of colors fading. I use scott's woolite mix (1 part woolite, 6 parts distilled water), and it works great :)

5. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Totally, the SEPC is THAT good of a product.

The nice thing about the woolite mix, is that it leaves a "newcar" smell behind, instead of a heavy cleaner smell.

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Another nice job. Like the other said, you may want to try out S100 SEC, especially if you are working with paint in good condition, or as an intermediate step after using a swirl remover. Clearkote's Vanilla Moose is also a real good final glaze.

I also think you should stop Dawn washing.

7. GSRstilez

GSRstilez New Member

What should I be doing? I have read a lot of places of using Dawn and Vinegar to remove old paint contaminents before a full detail.

8. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Nope, just use regular old car shampoo. Dawn removes no contaminants from the paint, Zaino Nazis use it to strip old wax before starting the Zaino process, since Zaino won't bond to Carnubas.

If you're concerned with removing paint contaminants, try a claybar.

9. GSRstilez

GSRstilez New Member

I appreciate your help. I tend to not use claybars on all cars because the market is so tight where I am and the prices are soo close.

What I did was get an estimate for a full detail from all the local area detailers along with the side guys (non professional) and got a list of what they do for how much. Then checked out their work. I used that as a basis for my outline of detailing. Now, I do much more than others do and charge the same or a little bit less than they do. Plus, many of the vehicles I do are just to get clean of kid's messes or "the abused owner syndrome". I have only done a few show cars in which I treat with more care because they will pay for the right job to be done.

10. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

11. Scottwax

:bowdown: I'm impressed! Nice site and glad to see you have a nice business going. Are you doing this full time or just on the side?

12. Scottwax

Basically what EMT said. Dawn is just too harsh to use if you don't have to. Regular car wash soap will get the cars clean and the polishes will remove any old wax. If the paint has a gritty feel to it even after washing, you really should be using detailing clay. Normally, you only have to do the horizontal surfaces unless the car is really neglected or has paint overspray on it. You can even use the clay bar as you wash to save time. Once you have washed an area, you can dip the clay into the soapy water and then rub it across the paint, then rinse.

13. GSRstilez

GSRstilez New Member

Yeh thats about right, but leather treatment, carpet shampoo and so on are not listed/included listed.

BTW: Cool website.

14. 426Hemi

426Hemi Guest

Tips on the Hog detailing.

#1 Get yerself some good chrome polish, S100 makes some.

#2 Pay attention to detail. Harley owners can be pretty picky.

#3 S100 produces a "Quick Detail Spray" in a aerosol can. I used it on my Harley and it works nicely. The S100 paste wax looks a little better but the Quick detail is the best to use in a pinch or quick touch up before/after a ride.

#4 It can be more time-comsuming than you think to detail a Hog. LOTS of nooks and cranny's and if the guy dosent take care of his bike, then you can be looking at alot of built up road grime.

Good luck.

15. NoXeN

thanks guys

just part time for now..im gonna pick up some junk doors this winter hopefully and learn how to use a PC

so next summer I'll definitely advertise more, etc

yeah I need to rework the pricing page

16. NoXeN

I changed around the pricing. Think I need anything else?

17. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

Make sure you don't Armor All the tires on the bike :o :rofl:

18. Scottwax

Don't forget the S100 Total Cycle Cleaner...absolutely awesome product. Spray on the bike and blast off with water. Safe for the chrome, paint, leather and glass and it does an amazing job of cleaning out all the hard to access crevices. Using it saves me a good 30 minutes of washing and scrubbing.

19. GSRstilez

GSRstilez New Member

I will definately keep this in mind. How much do you think I should charge to detail this bike? It is very detailed in chrome and leather and has many hard to reach areas. I know very little about bikes, but he wants this detail to be the last cleaning before winter. He most likely won't ride it til spring and it will sit in a garage.

I was think swirl free polish, then s100 on the painted surfaces. Chrome polish on the chrome. Lexol twins on the leather. Vinyl protectant on the tires (use it on mine, lasts longgg, medium gloss). All of this after the s100 Total Cycle Cleanser. How much is that stuff by the way at a Harley shop?

So all in all, how much?

20. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

You can Armor All the sides. Just don't get it anywhere near the tread.

21. quamen

quamen New Member

very nice site, but i would advice you to get some buffers or something to help
    you out so you can do more then one car a day if it is a "full detail"
    i read 8-10 hours that is a long long time. you could prolly cut this down to
    6 for each car or less! but ah the results are more important, but money is to haha

22. Scottwax

GSRstilez-plan on a good two hours for a Harley and charge what you want to make per hour. I like to get at least $30 an hour, maybe even $35 for Harleys since there is a lot of detail work needed.

S100 Total Cycle Cleaner is under $20 and that should be enough for 5-6 bikes. Trust me, it is worth the price.