02-04 Acura RSX Type S

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by rtevans86, Feb 20, 2005.

1. rtevans86

rtevans86 New Member

Hey I am going to buy a 02-04 Acura RSX and before I go buy it I wanted to get some outside info on the car from a second pair of eyes...such as potential problems and modding choices. This car will be done right and I wanted some good advice before I spend 18k on one. A type S is what I'll get so if anyone owns one, IM me at rteVans86....or leave some info about the car, if you like it...don't like it. Whatever you think I should know before buying.

Thanks!

Ryan

2. 127.0.0.1

127.0.0.1 New Member

as long as you get a manual, you are fine.

i have driven one a few times (2002 type s), and about the only thing i didnt like were the brakes. they fade WAY too much on the stock pads, and this is after one or two 60-0 stops.

other than that...nothing in particular. for mods, you can do just about anything. there is plenty of aftermarket support for the car, and the K series engines are put together very well.

they have turbo, supercharger kits, good suspension kits, ignition controls, ECUs, anything.

3. Plim

Plim Guest

Automatic Type-S is non-existant.

Crappymatic is only available in base model RSX's. Thank god.

4. HiPERDRiVE

HiPERDRiVE New Member

clubrsx.com

5. Pb4uGo

Pb4uGo Guest

That and if you pick up an 02 model make sure the syncho recalls have been performed, or that transmission will be trash soon enough if it already isn't... even if thats the case if its under warrenty you're golden, but if it's out Acura might offer a bit of resistance at first to do the work without "finding" other items not under the recall needing "replacement"

6. rtevans86

rtevans86 New Member

7. Scud

Scud I'm an aquired taste.

got me a turbo rsx-s.. like the others said, head over to clubrsx.com for more info on everything you never knew about the rsx